Cummulative not updated since 90 days +

Martin Poirier April 20, 2015

I just installed Eazybi as trial.

In eazybi I have a part of my graphic that get me the not updated issue since more then 90 days over 1 year.

I created in the measure in the column :

NonZero(
Sum(
Filter(
NonEmptyCrossJoin([Issue].[Issue].Members,
[Measures].DefaultMember),
DateDiffDays(
CDate([Issue].CurrentMember.getProperty('Updated at')),
Now()
) > 90
)))

I got a quick probably easy question :

How to switch this to get the total cumulative of those issues instead of having them by month ?

Here is a screenshot (blue line):

eazybi.png

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2015

Hi Martin,

Thank you for trying eazyBI for your reporting needs!

To get the cumulative value it is necessary to sum the number (your original sum) for each month over time. The following formula would do that 

Sum(
  { Generate(StripCalculatedMembers(
        Ascendants([Time].CurrentHierarchyMember)),
      IIF([Time].CurrentHierarchyMember IS
          [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember.FirstSibling, {},
        { [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember.FirstSibling:
          [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember.PrevMember } ) ),
    [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember
  },
  Sum(
  Filter(
    NonEmptyCrossJoin([Issue].[Issue].Members,
      [Measures].DefaultMember
    ), DateDiffDays(
    CDate([Issue].CurrentMember.getProperty('Updated at')),
      Now()
    ) > 90
  )
))

The set in the first Sum is a little complex - it is the same Time set that is used in Open issues formula that works correctly and finds all previous Time members no matter which Time dimension level or hierarchy (default or weekly) you are using.

Note that the original formula is returning the issues that have not been updated for more than 90 days grouped on the time period by their creation date. Maybe it is more efficient to use the "Issues last updated" measure that groups issues on Time based on the date when they were last updated. Then you can filter time to show to more than 90 days ago to see issues grouped by period when they were updated. Please see example report here https://eazybi.com/accounts/1632/cubes/Issues#report/Example%3A%20Cumulative%20Issues%20last%20updated%20for%20unresolved%20issues

Let me know if you have any additional questions!
Lauma / support@eazybi.com 

Martin Poirier August 17, 2015

Ah thank you this is exactly what I was looking for.

I just began trying it and we will probably buy this plugin in the near future.

Thanks

Martin Poirier

Ubisoft

0 votes
Manoj August 20, 2020

What is Ascendants and descendants here in terminology?

Please suggest.

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2020

Hi @M !

The Ascendants function returns the 'parents' of a member, while the Descendants return the 'children' starting from the member. See more here https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/analyze-and-visualize/calculated-measures-and-members/mdx-function-reference#MDXFunctionReference-SetFunctions.

As described, this part finds all previous Time members starting from the time member that is currently on rows. For some time now more user friendly would be to use the PreviousPeriods() function.

Please also consider creating custom Age since updated interval dimension described here https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/data-import/custom-fields/javascript-calculated-custom-fields#JavaScriptcalculatedcustomfields-Customcalculatedfieldasanintervaldimension.

Lauma / support@eazybi.com

Manoj January 18, 2021

Thanks for your reply @Lauma Cīrule, this helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events