Cron Expression in reocurring tasks

Hi

I am setting up a re-occurig task in JIRA, which I'd like to run at 12:01 AM Monday to Friday. 

So I have the following Cron expression in place

0 01 0 * MON-FRI

And the task is set to start from 2017-08-02 00:01 but when this is saved it says the next run date is 2017-09-01 01:00

Images of the screens are included 

JIRA 1.JPGJIRA 2.JPG

Any ideas on where I might be going wrong?

Thanks

Susan

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Susan,

First of all, if you want to run at 12:01 AM, I believe your cron expression should look like:

1 0 * * MON-FRI"

(minutes come before hours).

That being said, the add-on you're using would not do that for you. The reason is highlighted on your screenshot, as they are creating issues every 30 minutes. This means that even though you'll set a desired cron expression, your actual running time will get "rounded up" to next half an hour.

If you'd like to have a precise control over when the tasks are created (without the 30 minutes rounding), I'd suggest you give The Scheduler a try.

All the best,

Maciej

Thanks very much Maciej - i thought it would be quiet a silly mistake! I'll have a look at Scheduler too.

This widget could not be displayed.

duplicate

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 22, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How a Marketplace app tech team is achieving gender diversity

Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...

425 views 3 17
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you