Creating custom column to display user who moved the Issue/Story/Bug from Todo to InProgress

Shubh Dasgupta October 3, 2017

I need to have a field to display the developer/owner of jira item(story/bug etc) who worked on the issue. In other words who moved the item from Todo to Inprogress.

Currently Jira has Assignee field which changes based on the different status but I need to save the name who picked the item from Todo list and moved it in swimlane to InProgress. In a nutshell - A developer field.

As jira does not have a default field, I need to create on. Is there an resouce/help file which would help me to get the data?

I have seen the link Creating Custom Column but how to get the details is something I am not aware.

Need help!

1 answer

0 votes
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2017

Hi,

you can do it using a scripting plugin utilities like JJUPIN and you could do it using JavaScript too but is's not recommended

Shubh Dasgupta October 24, 2017

Just for 1 custom field (which could be coded) I would not prefer to buy a new plugin :( . Any help files or tutorials which you are aware of please?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events