Creating Calculated member in Eazy BI for issues due

Question Guy September 9, 2017

in Eazy BI there are root members like "Issues due" and "Issues due Count". But these dont seem to have a time dimension perspective..  i.e if the issue has already been resolved, but we go back in time to where the issue was not actually resolved, it still shows the "Issue due" as 0.

for example, if the current month is September and there are 2 issues due and in July and August there were 1,3 issues due..

I would like calculated member to be

July  Issues due = 1

August Issues due = 3

September Issues due = 2

I would also like a calculated member which shows the cumulative

July Issues due = 1

August issues due = 4

September Issues due = 7

This field will help generate the report of Due vs Resolved and project it both in previous periods and in future.

1 answer

1 vote
eazyBI Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2017

Hi,

You can create a cumulative calculation aggregating the issues due for previous periods with the formula like this:

sum(
  {Previousperiods([Time].CurrenthierarchyMember),
  [Time].CurrenthierarchyMember
  },
  [Measures].[Issues due]
)

You are right, the Issues due measure does not look in history and shows only current status. However, you can create a custom calculation which can detect if the issue was due at the end of the period used in the report. The calculation could be like this:

nonzero(Count(
  Filter(Descendants([Issue].CurrentMember,[Issue].[Issue]),
    (isempty([Measures].[Issue resolution date])
    or
    Datecompare(
      [Measures].[Issue resolution date],
      [Time].CurrenthierarchyMember.Nextmember.Startdate
    )>0)
    and
    [Measures].[Issues with due date]>0
)))

Best regards,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders