Created Board is Not Available To Other Users

Trish Rempel July 17, 2014

Artezio Kanban Board Version: 1.2.1.1

JIRA Version: (v6.2.7#6265-sha1:91604a8)

Hello,

After creating a Kanban Board with the Artezio Kanban Board plugin, even though I am using a search filter that is visible to Everyone, the board is not visible to any other users.

If I give the link to the kanban board to other users, they see the error page: "Cannot open board, probably it has been removed."

How can I share the board with other users?

Thank you,

Trish Rempel

3 answers

0 votes
Dmitry Kintsel September 30, 2014

This feature "Board sharing" will be implemented in next version 1.3

0 votes
Chris Trickler July 30, 2014

I am experiencing the same issue and it is a pain when there are multiple issues. I keep seeing the same answer to the same questions regarding the board sharing...

When you login, there is a [Boards] drop-down menu for each user. If one user does 'Create New Board' it does not show up for other users, even if the filter used in the configuration of the board is shared among all users. Each user has to go to [Boards] and 'Create New Board' and select the shared filter.

This is a pain for multiple users because you have to sign in as each user and create a new board with the shared filter.

Trish Rempel August 5, 2014
Yes, the only workaround that I could find was to send an email to the users in my team and ask each of them to create a Kanban board using the same shared filter.
0 votes
Anna Cardino
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2014

Hi Trish,

A board is available to all users who can view the saved filter on which the board is based. (Note that they will also need 'Browse' permission for the project(s) whose issues are shown on the board.)

If you wish to share a board with different people, you will need to either edit the saved filter (see the JIRA documentation on issue filters), or choose a different filter (see Configuring Filters).

Hope it helps.

Monique

Trish Rempel August 5, 2014
Hi Monique, The view with which I have created the board is visible to 'Everyone' and the users I am trying to share the board with have 'Browse' permission for the same project. The other users cannot see the Kanban board and they see the error page I mentioned when I give them a direct link.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events