Create sub-automation rules or creation an automation rule link to that rule?

Andy Kwok October 5, 2018

Hi,

I'm creating within an automation rule, a sub-automation task that would be triggered when one of the task, "dev specification task", is created.

The rule is the following:

• When a "dev specification task" is created within that project, I want to automatically create a "dev task"

I've used Sub-Tasks (Sous-Tâches) in French to link it to the main task but I could not find a way to link it to the "dev specification task"

I'm not sure if my attempt is correct but anyway, here we go (see screecapture below)

jira_subtask_2.png

Any suggestions are more than welcomed.

Cheers

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John McKiernan
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 8, 2018

Hi Andy,

Unfortunately linking issues or sub-tasks in a particular order isn't something Automation for Jira can do. 

Sorry, couldn't be of more help with this one!

Thanks @Shannon S for moving this to Code Barrel section!

Andy Kwok October 8, 2018

Hi John,

Awww... T_T

Anyway, that happens :)

I got one more question, John: Are there any tutorials I can use for automation, please? I could not find anything.

Cheers,

Andy

John McKiernan
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 9, 2018

Hi Andy,

You can find our docs here: https://docs.automationforjira.com/

However, we are currently working on improving this with more user-centric tutorials (including webinars, start guides, videos, etc)

If you have anything in particular you think would be useful, please feel free to drop me an email: john@automationforjira.com

Cheers!

John

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 8, 2018

Hi Andy,

The screenshots in your question seem more closely related to a 3rd party add-on Automation for Jira.

Can you please clarify if that's what you're using?

Regards,

Shannon

Andy Kwok October 8, 2018

Hi Shannon,

Indeed it is Automation for Jira.

Soz, I was not aware that it was a Jira submodule.

Cheers,

Andy

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 8, 2018

No problem at all! I've tagged your question accordingly and will move it over to the Marketplace collection.

The Code Barrel team will be able to reach out to you here, but in case you want to contact them directly, you can using the information below Contact on their Marketplace listing.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events