Create link between to issues

Christian Axén February 25, 2017

I want to create a link between two issues using Automation.

I can't upload a screen shot of the rule for some reason, I hope you can understand this instead:

1. When: Issue transitioned
  2. If: Issue matches JQL
  3. Then: For parent
  4. Then: Create 1 sub-task
  5. And: Edit issue fields (advanced)

Code in advanced:

{"update": {
        "issuelinks": [                    
            {
                "add": {
                    "type": {
                        "name": "Relates"
                    },
                    "outwardIssue": {
                        "key": "{{issue.key}}"
                    }
                }
            }
        ]
    }
}

No link is created. Since I zero coding experience I can't figure out what is wrong. The file says the following:

Unknown fields set during edit. Fields ignored - issuelinks

Maybe the rule is causing this?

1 answer

0 votes
andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2017

Hi Christian,

This error usually means that the 'Linked issues' field is not on the appropriate screen.  To fix this, go to Project administration -> Screens.  Select the 'edit issue' screen and then add the 'Linked issues' field to this screen.

To verify you can simply go to an issue and hit 'Edit' manually - the linked issues field should be present.  If it's not, you can bring up the 'Where is my field?' helper by hitting 'Configure' top right in the edit dialog and then clicking on 'Where is my field?'.  It should look like this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7qlgxr9922ra1fl/where-is-my-field.png?dl=0  (for some reason I can't attach the image to answers.atlassian.com right now)

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Andreas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events