Create an automated rule when no one makes a comment to a ticket it changes status

pcollins_cp March 8, 2018

Hi

I want to make an automated rule that if NO one makes a comment to a ticket in a certain status that the ticket is set to resolved after x amount of days. I can see a rule for if a comment is made a to ticket and then you can change the status of the ticket but I want the opposite of this. Is this possible?

2 answers

1 vote
Laurens Coppens
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2018

I would use a scheduled automation rule that runs every day and checks the status of an issue and the updated date.

That way when an issue is left unhandeled (no status change, comment, ...) you can close it.

Does this help?

afbeelding.png

Deleted user March 11, 2018

Yeah, you can use what Laurens suggested with an additional condition check for the comments.

If you add a condition that also checks if comments exists by matching the value {{issue.comments.size}} to zero.

Automation_rules_-_JIRA.png

pcollins_cp March 13, 2018

thanks for your feedback

1 vote
laralg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2018

Hi! You could make an SLA that stops only when a ticket it is commented. If the SLA is breached (because no one has commented on it) then you could transition it to a "Close" or "Delete" status after a few days and the get rid of them.
Otherwise you would have to use an add-on.

Regards!

pcollins_cp March 8, 2018

That sounds correct but how do I perform same in an SLA

so ticket is in status open for example and no comment whats the JQL for same?

laralg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2018

No need for JQL, it would be something like this

SLA

ac.PNGAutomation rule

ac3.PNG

Does it help?

pcollins_cp March 13, 2018

thanks for your feedback

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events