Create Scripted Field

Ken Dean
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 20, 2017

I am trying to create my first scripted field called "Parent Summary" that will display the Summary of the Parent in a Subtask view or Subtask filter.

It is my first scripted field.  Please help.  I have new licensed cloud versions of JIRA, Portfolio and ScriptRunner.

I looked at the help and I don't see "Script Fields" in Admin.  And when I go to Custom Fields - Add Custom Field - Advanced I don't see Groovy Scripted Field as a type of field to add.  I'm told this is the code I should use:

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue;
issue.getParentObject()?.summary

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2017

Cloud does not support the functions that allow Script Runner to add field types to it as it does on Server.

Your code is correct (although you don't need the ? as you can't create sub-tasks without a parent) but you need to move it to a listener or post function, so that when the sub task is updated, it updates a standard custom field (you'll need to add one of those too)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events