Create Agile Boards in JIRA via Groovy Script

J Foo August 21, 2017

Is it possible to create agile boards using groovy through the jira script console (scriptrunner)?

import com.atlassian.greenhopper.manager.rapidview.RapidViewManagerImpl

def rapidviewManager = new RapidViewManagerImpl()

//When I call this (or any other method from rapidviewmanager) it gives error
rapidviewManager.create(myRapidView, admin, RapidViewPreset.KANBAN)

I get the following error:

Script console script failed: java.lang.NullPointerException at com.atlassian.greenhopper.manager.rapidview.RapidViewManagerImpl.get(RapidViewManagerImpl.java:515) at com.atlassian.greenhopper.manager.rapidview.RapidViewManager$get.call(Unknown Source)

The same happens when I try using RapidViewService. I am using JIRA 7. Is it not supported, or am I missing something? Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jenna Davis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2017

Hello,

Try importing the class using this:

def rapidViewManager = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(RapidViewManager)

If you're still having problems after trying this, could you please send the entire script your using and I'll have a look at it?

Regards,

Jenna

J Foo August 29, 2017

Hi Jenna, thanks for your reply.

There's not much to the rest of the script, I just create a rapidview, declare an admin user, and imported the RapidPreset class. I don't think it's an issue with any of the parameters as I have tried many methods from the RapidViewManager class (such as .get()) but all of them give nullpointererror (The rapidviewmanager itself is not null.)

I have tried using ComponentAccessor, but the object it returns is null. Defining it with RapidManagerImpl() is the only way I've been able to get a non-null object. 

Jenna Davis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2017

Using the format I gave above, I'm able to access everything and get methods to run from the class just fine.

Even if there isn't much to your script, could you send it just so I can check it out?

Jenna Davis
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2017

Just a side note, there is a section in the documentation that covers creating agile boards that I hadn't mentioned earlier. You might find the information you're looking for there if my comments didn't help. :)

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/plugins/working-with-jira-agile.html 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events