Countdown Timer plugin is incorrect (saying 30+ days when it is less than 1 day)

Adam Barylak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2014

Today, it was noticed that the Countdown Timer plugin was showing 30+ days for an end date of 01-04-2014 (dd-mm-yyyy). This is obviously less than 1 day away, but is showing 30 in the countdown. I tried to submit a bug on your issue tracker, but i was not able to. Please fix ASAP. This is the first time we have used the plugin, and now they found a bug in it. This does not bode well for this or other feature enhancement add-ons that our team may want.

2 answers

0 votes
thomasl August 31, 2015

Is there an active bug filed for this?

I feel this has slipped under the radar for a long time due to the fact that it is not a frequently used macro and the bug only occurs about 6 days out of the year, but I can confirm that the 31st does disrupt all countdowns.

Adam Barylak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2015

I went through the marketplace to determine the correct location for reporting this bug back when we first noticed it. I'm sure that there wasn't a way for me to log a bug in any direct location. Therefore, i put the post out here which also didn't get noticed. I'm not even sure if we use this plugin anymore due to this bug and that it has not been fixed in over a year. I can copy and paste the issue into a bug on their official issue tracker now.

0 votes
Adam Barylak
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 31, 2014

I have also noticed that if you keep the date set to today, then the days remaining is 365 instead of 0. On another note, if i now set the date 1 day ahead, it is correct and showing me hours remaining and 0 days. This seems to only have occurred on 31-03-14 right now. Is this a problem with 31 days in a month? Yesterday while testing i also noticed that it seemed to be skipping months, so if you set it to 01-04-14, it said 30+ days, if you set it to 01-05-14 it said the same as the april date, if you set it to 01-06-14 then it said there were 90+ days remaining. Really strange. Hope the developers see this sometime and make a change.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events