Copy project from instance to another with Scriptrunner

Priscilla Reeders December 7, 2017

Is it possible to copy a project from one jira instance(staging) to another instance(production) by usting the build-in script "copy project" in scriptrunner?

It's not clear in the documentation how to do this...

Thanks! 

2 answers

1 vote
Deleted user January 11, 2018

Hi Priscilla,

Have you considered trying to do this with Configuration Manager for Jira? The add-on is designed with this use case in mind and the process of moving projects between instances (with or without issue data) has been very well streamlined and bug-free over the past few years. You can read more about the use case here or on Atlassian's documentation

Just a word of caution regarding Project Configurator - be careful when deploying to production, PC doesn't have a roll-back (last time I checked). If you are going to proceed with PC, you might want to consider Integrity Check for Jira - it's a free add-on from the creators of CMJ and it detects, locates and helps you resolve errors in Jira configurations. 

Cheers and if you have further questions - ping me.

Bianka 

0 votes
Joshua Yamdogo @ Adaptavist
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2017

Adaptavist just acquired the Project Configurator add-on, which seems like it would be exactly what you would need. It allows you to easily move projects from instance to instance.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.projectconfigurator/server/overview

Priscilla Reeders December 7, 2017

Thanks Joshua, I found that plugin yesterday, but still was searching for other options. Then I found the build in script within scriptrunner, so that's why I was asking this. 

Thanks for your quick answer!

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2017

Hi Priscilla,

I checked with my colleagues. You won't be able to copy a project from one instance to another using ScriptRunner. That being said, ScriptRunner is really good for copying a project within the same instance. I'd definitely use the Project Configurator add-on in your case.

Josh

Priscilla Reeders January 3, 2018

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the back up.

I'm using the project configurator now. But for some reason it will not copy my maine project in jira and i'm keep getting the same error "Holder/receiver type crm.issues.by.org unknown" This happenms in the issue security scheme and also in the permission scheme. 

And I can't figure out which field this has been: 

• Found custom field with values for issues in exported project(s), with id: 10201, name: TempoAccount and type: com.tempoplugin.tempo-accounts:accounts.customfield. This field does not exist. Check if its type is defined in a plugin that has been disabled.                                                               

I have searched and checked all of my fields, but I can't find this one. Also the plugin is unknown to me...

Could really use some help here..

Thanks!

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2018

Hi Priscilla,

I am not very familiar with problems concerning the Project Configurator add-on, so I'd suggest emailing the support email on the add-on page here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.projectconfigurator/server/support

The error sounds like you have some sort of Tempo add-on field. Are you using Tempo Timesheets or one of the Tempo add-ons? 

Let me know if you don't get a response through that support email and I'll see if I can forward your question to one of our engineers who work on the PC team.

Josh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events