Copy field values

Hello,

when will it be possible to copy field values when adding an issue?

Or is there maybe "cloning" functionality on your roadmap as well? We'd need to create an issue with the same field values in a new project for our software development teams.

Thank you and kind regards,

Jennifer

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Jennifer,

We plan to add 'field value copying from source issue' feature this month, so stay tuned!
Issue cloning is interesting feature too. I have added this feature to our backlog, but cannot promise any date yet.

Let us know if you have other suggestions.

Cheers,  Gebsun Software

Is it this month yet :)

Field value copying very useful...

• New ticket summary: Product QA for [parent task summary]
  • New ticket assignee: [Parent ticket reporter]

Oh, the function is there. Just subtle UI. Copy or manual. Now I see it.

Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 5.14.00 PM.png

Next question: I’d like the AIT automation to assign the AIT-created ticket to the reporter of the parent ticket. Is that possible?

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the feedback!

Setting of parent issue reporter as assignee in new issue is currently not possible.  This  looks like a useful feature. I'm adding it to our backlog.

Cheers, Gebsun Software

Another feature, related feature, would be nice, "While you are there."

The ability to set the reporter of the new issue based on the current assignee of the triggering ticket.

Use case that combines the two features: GIVEN a developer completes fix of a defect, WHEN then developer moves the bug ticket to "ready for review", THEN a subtask ticket is automatically created. AND the reporter of that subtask is the developer (current assignee of the bug ticket), and the assignee of that subtask is the reporter of the bug.

Thank you for your detailed explanation. I added this requirement to our backlog as well.

Cheers, Gebsun Software

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Marketplace Apps

The 7 hacks of highly successful automation

...there's anything I've learnt from working, it's that people are lazy! No offense to anyone reading this, but it's true and we can all admit it. The easier you make something for someone, the more...

162 views 0 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you