Copy custom field with full name to assignee

Hi

I would like to copy a custom field of a users fullname to the assignee. I have tried to use a Post-Function which Copy the value from one field to another the problem is that the fullname for some reason is not matched in the assignee. I guess since assignee works with usernames and not the users fullname.

Is there a way around this ? 

5 answers

What type of field do you want to copy from? What version of jira?

Why is it the user's full name, why don't you use a user custom field type?

Hi.

This is a database field it connects to our CRM system. What i would like is to take the Customer Responsible Consultant which is saved in that Custom Field and assign the issue automatically to him for that i want to copy the database field (fullname in CRM) and assign it correctly. Now it seems to create a user automatically.

We use JIRA Software 7.1.10 

0 votes
Mahesh S Community Champion Sep 28, 2016

Is the Custom Field used to store the Customer Responsible Consultant value is a User picker field?

If you really must store the user by display name (I don't think you need to, the db field should support storing one field and displaying another), then you need to look up the user by display name. Eg https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/184903 

No it is a Database Field

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How to set up an incident workflow from the VP of Engineering at Sentry

Hey Atlassian community, I help lead engineering at Sentry, an open-source error-tracking and monitoring tool that integrates with Jira. We started using Jira Software Cloud internally last year, a...

1,137 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you