Copy custom field with full name to assignee

daniel_hedberg September 27, 2016

Hi

I would like to copy a custom field of a users fullname to the assignee. I have tried to use a Post-Function which Copy the value from one field to another the problem is that the fullname for some reason is not matched in the assignee. I guess since assignee works with usernames and not the users fullname.

Is there a way around this ? 

5 answers

0 votes
daniel_hedberg September 28, 2016

No it is a Database Field

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2016

If you really must store the user by display name (I don't think you need to, the db field should support storing one field and displaying another), then you need to look up the user by display name. Eg https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/184903 

0 votes
Mahesh S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2016

Is the Custom Field used to store the Customer Responsible Consultant value is a User picker field?

0 votes
daniel_hedberg September 27, 2016

Hi.

This is a database field it connects to our CRM system. What i would like is to take the Customer Responsible Consultant which is saved in that Custom Field and assign the issue automatically to him for that i want to copy the database field (fullname in CRM) and assign it correctly. Now it seems to create a user automatically.

We use JIRA Software 7.1.10 

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 27, 2016

What type of field do you want to copy from? What version of jira?

Why is it the user's full name, why don't you use a user custom field type?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events