Copy Value Post Function

I have several custom fields with the same name used by different projects or different issues types within the same project. When adding the Copy Value from Field to Another function, only one instance of the field is displayed. Since the function uses the CustomField_ID and not the name, the incorrect field may be selected. Is there a way to display all of the fields regardless of duplicate name (possibly with the customField Id)?

Thank you

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

You should get rid of the duplicate names - it breaks stuff in some plugins (certainly mine!), and the core of Jira does try to stop you creating them. Consolidattion, as Renjith says, is the best answer.

Your other option is to hack the jira-suite-utilties to enable it to read and display multiple duplicated field names, but I have a horrid feeling it hooks into the core API to "get field by name" and that code returns either the first or last field it finds, and not multiple entries, so you'd need to hack the core code as well!

Never tried. Probably you should look at unifying those fields to a single field with one context for each project. And if you are copying the value from another field you may not require separate fields at all. If not possible, you can try using script runner to copy the value in the post function.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Oct 31, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: Zephyr

Hello Atlassian Community! Each month, we run a series of Spotlights to highlight Marketplace vendors and apps that our team thinks this Community would find valuable. In last month's Spotlig...

335 views 0 1
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you