Copy Value Post Function

Karen.Newsome@crowley.com January 23, 2013

I have several custom fields with the same name used by different projects or different issues types within the same project. When adding the Copy Value from Field to Another function, only one instance of the field is displayed. Since the function uses the CustomField_ID and not the name, the incorrect field may be selected. Is there a way to display all of the fields regardless of duplicate name (possibly with the customField Id)?

Thank you

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2013

You should get rid of the duplicate names - it breaks stuff in some plugins (certainly mine!), and the core of Jira does try to stop you creating them. Consolidattion, as Renjith says, is the best answer.

Your other option is to hack the jira-suite-utilties to enable it to read and display multiple duplicated field names, but I have a horrid feeling it hooks into the core API to "get field by name" and that code returns either the first or last field it finds, and not multiple entries, so you'd need to hack the core code as well!

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2013
Never tried. Probably you should look at unifying those fields to a single field with one context for each project. And if you are copying the value from another field you may not require separate fields at all. If not possible, you can try using script runner to copy the value in the post function.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events