Connecting PowerBI with JIRA Cloud

Christina Fausbøll July 25, 2017

Does anyone have experience with connecting your JIRA cloud with PowerBI? 

The last post I can find abuot the JIRA content pack from Microsoft, didn't support cloud. But does anyone know if this have been solved, or have a work around for this lack? 

We have trouble connecting to our JIRA from Power Bi, we only briefly have a connection, and the next time we look at it, it does not recognize the user and password, or doesn't show any data at all. 

We use Single sing-on, can that have something to do with it?  

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 18, 2017

Hi Christina,

Hopefully you've been able to get some help with this.  I saw an article titled Explore your JIRA Data with Power BI by Youssef Shoukry that states "Currently the content pack will work only with the cloud version."

You stated the connection only lasts for a brief time period and then it doesn't recognize the user.

• If you disable the SSO you're using do you get the same behavior?
  • Does this only happen from the Desktop or the online version?

I would take a look at the post titled Can't log into JIRA data source with JIRA content pack after upgrade to Atlassian account.  There appears to be a couple users who experienced a similar issue and the issue either resolved itself, there was a credentials issue or the issue was isolated to the online or desktop version.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events