Confluence Source Editor button is not displayed

Thorsten Hoppart May 8, 2018

Hi, 

we installed the Confluence Source Editor add-on but the button is not displayed where it should be. 

Has anybody a solution for this problem? All parts of the add on are enabled in the add on administration. 

We are using Confluence version 6.4.3.

4 answers

1 vote
Patrick Wilson January 17, 2020

We saw this same issue after upgrading to Confluence 6.13.8.  We ended up downgrading the Source Editor to 1.1.3, which fixed it for us.

0 votes
chris.smart January 17, 2020

We are experiencing this on Confluence 6.13.8 version. The editor appears at times and other times, it is not there.

It consistently will not display if you reload the page you are editing at that time.

0 votes
Erskin Cherry October 22, 2019

I had the same problem on Confluence 6.13 with version 2.0 of this plugin. I uninstalled the 2.0 plugin, then downloaded and installed the 1.1.3 version.

Since I was also having the "can only see 21 lines" problem I also added the CSS mentioned in this ticket: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SOURCE-733, everything was fine again.

0 votes
James Littlefair November 6, 2018

Just wanted to add that we are experiencing the same issue with version 6.2.4 of Confluence. Has anyone been able to find a solution?

Hector Vazquez January 7, 2019

Hi James, did you found a solution? I'm having the same issue with 6.7.0.

Only admins can see the source editor button.

James Littlefair January 19, 2019

Hi Hector, it sounds like you should check the option found at http://<your-confluence-url>/admin/sourceeditor/viewconfiguration.action which I believe allows you to select who can use the source editor.

We didn't find a solution to our problem, which was that no users (including admins) could see the option.

Dan_Newman April 12, 2019

Same issue on 6.12.1... the button just doesn't appear in the editor despite being enabled for "all users"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events