Confluence Servlet plugin module

Lawrence Robinson March 18, 2014

I am trying to build a confluence servlet plugin module. I have put the javascript and css code in the generated files after running:

atlas-create-confluence-plugin

My question is where does the container expect to find the <ARTIFACT-ID>.js and <ARTIFACT-ID>.css files?

More specifically in the servlet code how do I construct the:

&lt;script type='' src=''&gt;&lt;/script&gt; &lt;link rel='' href='&gt;

so that the running servlet can find them. Or are they not required since their paths are already in the plugin descriptor?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 18, 2014

In atlassian-plugin.xml you have something like this:

&lt;web-resource key="my-web-resources" name=" Web Resource"&gt;
		&lt;resource name="list.js" type="download" location="js/list.js"/&gt;
		&lt;resource name="list.css" type="download" location="css/list.css"/&gt;
		&lt;resource name="images/" type="download" location="images"/&gt;
	&lt;/web-resource&gt;

In your servlet template, add...

#requireResource("com.example.confluence.plugin.plugin-artifact-id:my-web-resources")

...where in your pom.xml groupId is com.example.confluence.plugin and artifactId is plugin-artifact-id.

This will inject your JS & CSS in the correct place in the header.

This assumes that you're using velocity templates in your servlet code, just like the generated LicenseServlet.

Lawrence Robinson March 18, 2014

I do not fully understand how to use velocity templates yet. This is a Calendar plugin that was a stand-alone web-app and I am currently trying to get it to run as a servlet plugin.

So one follow-up question would be, are there any velocity template functions that generate tables?

Second, If I use the current html print statements, how do I construct manually, what would be injected in the header?

Lawrence Robinson March 19, 2014

Is it possible to upload screenshots to the forum?

David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 19, 2014

If you run atlas-create-confluence-plugin-module and then select Licensing API support from the list, it will produce a fully working servlet which uses velocity for tyhe HTML layout. That should give you a kick-start with example code.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events