Confluence Page Issue Collector: JIRA field reference to Confluence Table of Contents heading

Situation

I am working with a client to build a new revision of their standard, a Body of Knowledge.

We have an existing community (some tens of thousands of people) who will be presented with the opportunity to comment on the pages in this content: to give us content and style feedback. In order to comply with ISO regulations we must ensure we respond to every request.

Our plan is to use JIRA to collect issue tickets about Confluence pages that contain the content.

Issue Collector will collect feedback about Confluence pages, this works okay. (Though it would be better if the link to the page was via Application Links)

Problem

However, we need to provide a field such that the person reporting the issue can select a page heading from the page's Table of Contents.

We can create a field in JIRA, no problem. But we want the issue collector to present a dropdown of the headings to allow the user to choose to which heading their feedback applies.

We envision this would scan the Confluence page's table of contents, and retrieve the heading numbers and heading text, and store this in the field.

Question

1. Does something like this already exist?
  2. What strategy would you suggest for gathering those headings?

Thanks in advance for your reponse(s)

Martin.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer
Hi Ahmad. We ended up solving the problem by building a plugin. Thanks for asking.
Ahmad Danial Atlassian Team Dec 04, 2013

Hey there, Martin.

You are welcome. Just doing a quick follow up on this. Glad to know that the issue is fixed via the plugin development on your side. Have a good day.

0 votes
Ahmad Danial Atlassian Team Nov 06, 2013

Hey there, Martin.

Are you still facing issues with the plugin or do you have any further queries about it? If yes, I would suggest you to reach out to the support engineers by raising a ticket in https://support.atlassian.com so they can help you to tackle this problem. Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How to set up an incident workflow from the VP of Engineering at Sentry

Hey Atlassian community, I help lead engineering at Sentry, an open-source error-tracking and monitoring tool that integrates with Jira. We started using Jira Software Cloud internally last year, a...

1,388 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you