Confluence JIRA plugin doens't read new application link

Deleted user October 17, 2013

Hello,

I've recently moved our JIRA and Confluence instances to 2 separate machines and changed the domain names at the same time. In order to do so I had to delete the old Application Links and recreate new ones using the Wizard that used OAuth to connect to both application than configure the rest on both sides.

Afte setting up the Trusted Application, JIRA can pull "mentionned into" from Confluence but using the Confluence JIRA plugin gives only very long stacktraces that starts with :

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: com.atlassian.confluence.macro.MacroExecutionException: com.atlassian.confluence.macro.MacroExecutionException: JQL and issue key arguments for this macro require at least one JIRA application link to be configured

But if I open every macro that uses the plugin (jira:) and save them again they seem to reread their Application Links and get the new Link and they properly show up correctly.

Is there a way to fix this accross all pages or maybe a fix on the plugin itself since a macro use shouldn't be bound to an Application Link since the link can be deleted or changed.

Thank you.

2 answers

1 vote
Oleksiy Brushkovskyy May 11, 2014

As it was investigated, JIRA macros store server name in their "server" parameter (can be seen in "View storage format" mode). In fact, broken JIRA macros store the original application link name when macros were working.

Second parameter "serverId" has been added when you add JIRA macro while application link is healthy. When applink is broken, newly created JIRA macro doesn't receive "serverId", so "server" is the only parameter which identifies the application link.

In our situation, when we have updated SSL certificates, some JIRA macros were created during applink was broken. Re-created application link took different name and mentioned JIRA macros became failed.

We have fixed this issue with all broken JIRA macros in one touch by giving application link its previous name.

0 votes
Oleksiy Brushkovskyy May 11, 2014

We have the same problem, but applink between JIRA and Confluence was recreated after updating SSL certificates.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events