Confluence 5.2.3 and Share Page 2.3.1 - Share Broken

Whenever we try to use the Share Page plugin we have the following issues.

1. Regardless of the way we search, i.e. name, email, group, when the found option is selected it does not appear in the name field, the field always stays blank. However you must select something for the Share button to then become available. i.e. If i simply type in an email address igoring the drop down options and after typing the email address I tab to the notes field the Share button is never enabled.

2. Clicking the share button ALWAYS produces an error.

The following is the error from the atlassian-confluence.log

2013-09-12 15:49:25,663 ERROR [http-8090-21] [common.error.jersey.ThrowableExceptionMapper] toResponse Uncaught exception thrown by REST service

-- url: /rest/share-page/latest/share | userName: tony.blair | referer: http://confluence.insurtech.com.au/display/IP/Infrastructure+Project+Home

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.atlassian.confluence.plugin.descriptor.mail.NotificationContext.setActor(Lcom/atlassian/user/User;)V

We were previously using an older version of confluence. We installed on a new virtual server and then imported the old content. The upgrade to this version of confluence was so we could have multiple people editing content.
I have since tried to uninstall and reinstall the plugin but no joy.

1 answer

We have the same issue with Confluence 5.2.5 and the Share Page plugin.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Three tips for boosting your board's efficiency with Story Maps

Trello is one of the most effective tools for driving your sprints. It's customizable for every Agile team and product owners and Scrum masters (SM) love it. However, Agile teams often struggle with:...

852 views 2 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you