Conflict between Rich Text Editor for JIRA and the Wiki Editor plugin?

I'm trying to evaluate this plugin from Atlassian Labs but I'm running into what look like conflicts with the wiki editor plugin.
For example, when I try to insert a table, I see wiki markup instead of a nice table. 

Do I need to disable something first? What renderer should I set for the Description field? 

Running JIRA 6.4.7. The "wiki-editor" system plugin is enabled. The Description field is set to "Wiki renderer".

If I disable the wiki-editor plugin, I don't see any toolbar.

1 answer

Hi @Nicolas Bier,

You need to go the field configuration of your project and go to your desired text custom field and click on "Renderers" next to it and choose between the Default, wiki or JEditor renderer

I believe the JEditor renderer is for the JEditor plugin from Bobronix. I'm talking about the new RTE plugin from Atlassian Labs. When I pick the wiki renderer, I still see the old Wiki Editor toolbar, with the old behavior (clicking a button will simply paste the wiki code in the field). For example if I click the table icon, I get this:

||Heading 1||Heading 2||
|Col A1|Col A2|

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How to set up an incident workflow from the VP of Engineering at Sentry

Hey Atlassian community, I help lead engineering at Sentry, an open-source error-tracking and monitoring tool that integrates with Jira. We started using Jira Software Cloud internally last year, a...

1,141 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you