Configure minimum hours per week in Tempo

ironweaver January 31, 2013

In Tempo, I'm able to configure the maximum hours per day. While useful, I also need to be able to configure the minimum hours per week. This need arises as we have a mix of contractors and permanent employees completing timesheets. Contractors are not allowed to enter time against paid time off categories such as holiday, sick, and vacation, which in several cases means their hourly totals for the week are below the minimum required for the week. This in turn means that they cannot submit their timesheets until the period has ended, which in turn delays our reporting of accrued time for the period to Accounting and other downstream consumers of that information.

I've reviewed the existing configuration points in Tempo for a way to specify the hours required for a given week. While I can certainly enter a series of false, recurring, holidays that would reduce the hours required for every week, this seems a very hacked solution. I've also reviewed available documentation but, I don't see something letting me configure the minimum hours required per week. Completely grant I might have missed it, but I simply don't see it.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Viðar Svansson [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2013

We are adding the ability to have no minimum hours required in Tempo 7.5. In the contractors case you probably can't use it anyway. A better solution is to use issue estimate or planned hours.

ironweaver February 19, 2013

Thanks for this. We've upgraded to the newest Tempo, and the "workload schemes" feature has solved the problem for us. Created a new scheme, set required minutes to zero for all days, assigned all timesheet users to the new scheme and set the new scheme as default. Works great!

Viðar Svansson [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2013

Great to hear :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events