Compatibility with version 5.1.2 of JIRA

Vivien TOURNEL August 12, 2012

Hi,

I need to upgrade this week to JIRA 5.1.2, and the current version of the plugin is not compatible. Do you plan to release a compatbile version of the subversion plugin this week, or is there a way to make the actual version of the plugin to be compatible with the 5.1.2 version of JIRA ?

All the best,

Vivien TOURNEL

4 answers

1 vote
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2012

The subversion plugin is still not completely compatible with Jira 5.1 since it generates the following error messages whenever the subversion tab is displayed. It caused by the subversion tab not supporting the sorting order feature as defined by 5.1. It was broken in the 5.0.7 release as well and I am not sure when it broken before that.

NOTE: username, ip-address and other values were manually modified.

2012-08-27 15:44:22,131 http-8082-6 ERROR username 936x1473x1 kozqez ip-address/browse/EA-137 [subversion.issuetabpanels.changes.SubversionRevisionsTabPanel] Unable to figure out how actions are sorted. I'm going to default to ascending

WebworkConfigurationNotFoundException{class=class webwork.config.XMLActionConfiguration, message='No such view mapping', name='com.atlassian.jira.web.action.issue.ViewIssue.actionInfo'}

The some data is displayed, so the plugin is usable, but the our logs are filling up with the above messages anytime a user displays an issue and looks at the subversion tab.

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2012

I cannot read french, but are you trying to install the subversion using UPM? If so, that is not correct. You need to install the subversion plugin manually. Shutdown jira, The files in the zip file needs to be extracted and copied to their correct places and then restart Jira. Then check the logs.

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/SVN/Subversion+JIRA+plugin;jsessionid=6C8BE99EFB19541A83471E011CD8FF7F

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2012

The UPM had some issues depending on what version you are upgrading from including that the upgrade link does not work. Try a manual upgrade to fix the UPM.

Vivien TOURNEL August 13, 2012

Manual upgrage fix the UPM issue, but even with an updated UPM, i still cannot instal the subversion plugin. Good news if you are reproducing the issue, this mean it's not due to my plateform.

0 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2012

Hi Vivien,

I have just reviewed the Marketplace listing for the JIRA Subversion plugin and I can confirm that it is compatible with v5.1.2: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.subversion

I believe the cause of this issue is that the compatibility is marked as compatible for JIRA 5.0 - 5.1 but this actually means that the plugin is compatible with all versions of Confluence v5..0.x and v5.1.x, and so it will install fine into your version of JIRA. Therefore you should be fine to just install the plugin and begin using it.

All the best,
John

Vivien TOURNEL August 12, 2012

I made a try, i download the version from the plugin website, but i get an error when i try to install it. Please see the attached document to see the error. Also I have a message telling me to update my upn. But when i click this link, nothing happen.

The error message in the log: 2012-08-13 14:53:20,178 pool-8-thread-2 ERROR vtournel 792x209x1 4shw4f 127.0.0.1 /rest/plugins/1.0/ [com.atlassian.upm.PluginInstaller] File 'atlassian-jira-subversion-plugin-0.10.11-distribution.zip' is not a valid plugin: File does not contain an atlassian-plugin.xml, obr.xml, or MANIFEST.MF file

I

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2012

I am also getting a failure on upgrade from 5.0.7 to 5.1.2 on my test system for the subversion plugin.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events