Compatibility of Jira 7.3.0 with Zephyr 3.2.1.32102629

Cristian Damian January 18, 2017

Hello all,

Our company needs to upgrade JIRA to version 7.3.0... How can I find out if this version is compatible with our current version of Zephyr, which is 3.2.1.32102629?

Unfortunately we haven't planned any budget for this Zephyr upgrade for now, so I need to know if it will work with JIRA 7.3.0, until we can upgrade Zephyr as well...

Thank you!

5 answers

0 votes
Arun Ravindran January 29, 2017

Hi @Dave Bosman [CalmWare] @Cristian Damian and @G3

I am Arun from Zephyr Support and would like to inform you that our Zephyr for JIRA server version is compatible with JIRA 7.3.0

Thanks

ZephyrSupport

Cristian Damian January 29, 2017

Hello, Arun, and thank you for your answer! smile

I know Zephyr for JIRA is compatible with JIRA 7.3.0... The question was if Zephyr version 3.2.1.32102629 is compatible with JIRA 7.3.0... smile 

Thank you again for your answer.

Cristian

0 votes
Cristian Damian January 19, 2017

Thank you, G3, for your answer! This looks like it's what I was looking for... So, from what I see there, our version of Zephyr (3.2.1.32102629) will not be compatible with JIRA 7.3.0... sad

I'll talk to our management to see what we can do about it..

Thank you again, and have a great day!

0 votes
G3 January 19, 2017

Hello,

Current version information and compatibility may be found in the 'Versions' section for a product in the Atlassian Marketplace (screenshot 01).

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.thed.zephyr.je/server/versionhistory

Notice the 'server' in the URL - indicating this information is for the JIRA Server version of Z4J (you would see 'cloud' for the JIRA Cloud version).

01_Z4JandJIRA_compatibility.jpg

If you want the version compatibility mapping/overview for all versions and products, click the "See all <NN> versions" link under 'Resources' (green box in screenshot 01):

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.thed.zephyr.je/versions

Each expandable section displays the version of Z4J, followed by the JIRA (Cloud, or Server) compatibility for that version.  This is probably what you were looking for (screenshot 02).

02_Z4JandJIRA_compatibility.jpg

0 votes
Cristian Damian January 18, 2017

Hello Dave, and thanks for your answer... smile

Actually, I was hoping to find this information either here, on the forum, or in the JIRA or Zephyr Release Documentation, because It's a bit complicated for me to install JIRA and Zephyr on a local test environment.. sad

Maybe if someone has been in this situation... Did they have to upgrade Zephyr right after upgrading Jira?

Thanks again, Cristi

0 votes
Dave Bosman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2017

Hi,

You can set up a local test environment to try it out but i think it will not be completely compatible as they launched a new version to be compatible with JIRA 7.2 and up.

image2017-1-19 8:35:59.png

Regards

Dave

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events