Compass Plugin - Context not showing up when creating issues from the project page

Andrea April 3, 2013

I have installed and tested the Compass Plugin for JIRA. It works pretty well but I found a little bug.

- If I create a new issue from the standard "+Create Issue" button the help context shows up correctly

- If I create a new issue by using the quick buttons (see screenshot) from the Project page, I see the regular help text under the fields like the plugin was not installed. The "back" and "next" buttons still show up though.

I am running JIRA 5.1.3 with Bonfire, Greenhopper and Zephyr.

Another small remark: wouldn't it make more sense to have the "back" button on the left and the "next" button on the right?

Kind regards,

Andrea

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andreas Spall _evolu_software_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 7, 2013

Hi Andrea,

I've created https://aevolu.atlassian.net/browse/JC-1 to track the progress. But I could not reproduce it with JIRA 5.2.

"Another small remark: wouldn't it make more sense to have the "back" button on the left and the "next" button on the right?"

But then the order of the keys jumps: Create | Back | Next | Cancel and not Create | Next | Back | Cancel (Perfect would be Cancel | Back | Next | Create)

Kind regards

Andreas

Andrea April 7, 2013

Dear Andreas,

I saw the ticket you reported and it's wrong. You wrote twice the same thing and you didn't attach the screenshot to the ticket.

Here is what you wrote:

If the user create a new issue by using the "+Create Issue" from the Project page for the second time, he see the regular help text under the fields like the plugin was not installed. The "back" and "next" buttons still show up though.

Not correct. I didn't talk about "second time" and by creating the issue like this everything works. The information about the buttons is therefore not needed.

If the user create a new issue by using the quick buttons (see screenshot) from the Project page, he see the regular help text under the fields like the plugin was not installed. The "back" and "next" buttons still show up though.

You forgot to attach the screenshot (or at least I can't see it). Otherwise this sentence is ok.

Could you please correct?

Cheers,

Andrea

Andreas Spall _evolu_software_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 9, 2013

Hi Andrea,
I've attached your screenshot and your message as original message.
I've found an additional misbehavior of compass in combination with jira 5.1.8 (tested via firefox 19.x) while verifing your report:
"..+Create Issue" from the Project page for the second time .." (see also: https://aevolu.atlassian.net/secure/attachment/22461/CreateIssueButton.wmv)

Cheers

Andreas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events