Compare condition with reporter.displayname vs reporter.emailaddress

Larry Barker September 5, 2017

Hi,

I have a use case where I need to compare both and if they match then continue on to the actions.

If does not appear to work.  I'm using.

issue.reporter.displayname equals issue.reporter.emailaddress

Here is a screenshot of the step.

Many Thanks,

Larry

image.png

2 answers

0 votes
Larry Barker September 11, 2017

Thanks, I will give that a shot.

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2017

I don't think those are the correct macros for what information you are looking for.  Instead I dug into the docs on Smart Fields in the automation plugin guide and found the field names should instead be:

{{reporter.displayName}}
{{reporter.emailAddress}}

I could see why you might have been trying to prepend the 'issue.' as just about all the other fields on the issue do all seem to use that format, but the reporter field looks to be different here.

andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2017

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the reply.

Both 'issue.reporter' and 'reporter' will work.  We just added 'reporter' for convenience since it's used so often.

I think the problem in Larry's example was that the second value had '((issue.reporter.emailAddress}}' instead of '{{issue.reporter.emailAddress}}'.

Cheers,

Andreas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events