Compare Issue count in an Open status to Resolved issues in a time period in EazyBi

J.M. March 13, 2018

I'd like to calculate how well my team is preparing issues to pull in progress. I'd like to do this by calculating the issue count for issues in our "To Do" status and comparing that to my team's Avg velocity.

I've been able to calculate avg velocity in another report. I'm having trouble setting up a report to show this as I need to compare a count in one status to an average of resolved issues

For example i'd like to be able to show: team has 60 ready stories in the backlog and an average story velocity of 25

To Do Stories vs Velocity % = 60 / 25 = 2.4 cycle rate

I can use the calculated measure I created to get velocity.

1 answer

0 votes
Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2018

Hi John,

It is possible to override current report context, and get the avg velocity as it is displayed in the other report, by using tuples

For example, if the avg velocity is not time-sensitive, but you have Open issues by Time in this report, the formula could be something similar to following

[Measures].[Open issues] /
( [Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember,
[Measures].[avg Velocity]
)

Let me know more details about the two reports (rows, columns, pages) if you need further assistance!

Lauma / support@eazybi.com

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events