Comment required validator is still not recognizing comment

George Worthington May 7, 2013

Hi,

I've downloaded this plugin specifically to ensure that Comments are required during some workflow transitions, unfortunately, I'm still having troubles - the error message is thrown and prevents status transition even though a comment has been entered before transition. Is there something else that needs to be configured beyond using the new Field Validator: "Comment Required Validator"?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2013

Hi George, this validator need to have a screen in the transition with the Comment Field, this validates that a comment it's added while you are doing the transition not if there are comments in the issue.

You just need to edit the transition where you have the comment validator and add the comment screen to it.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the quick response Ramiro. I want to make sure I understand what you're describing completely - I need to create a new screen with just a comment field on it? How do I 'call' this screen to be opened up during the workflow transition? Could you point me to directions on how to do this? Thanks for your time.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2013

George, to avoid confusing you with maybe not complete explanation here you have the doc on how to do this:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Associating+a+Screen+with+an+Issue+Operation

I'm checking in my jira instance the screen with the comment field in it and suprise I found out that the screen doesnt have that field selected so I think Comment Field it's predefined in every screen. To try out the steps of the doc create a new screen called for example 'Comment Screen' and leave it without fields and then associate this screen to the transition as the doc says.

Thank you! Now I understand what is required for this to work. Very helpful.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 7, 2013

Wait that's not the doc, I got confused, this one is:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow#ConfiguringWorkflow-Workingwithtransitions

Search for 'Using a screen with transition' section.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events