Comala Workflows add page workflow automatically

Marketa Dvorackova May 31, 2016

Hi,

I know that there is a possibility to add a workflow to a page Blueprint, but working with just page Templates, I need to decide that a certain template will produce a document which will be following  a certain workflow.

I was wondering if there is a way to add a workflow to a page in some way automatically, like writing a custom macro which will make a call somewhere to add the workflow when the page doesn't have any associated. Is there any way? Letting the user decide which workflow the document should follow is not the best. They might just not do it and we need more control.

Thank you for any tips.

Marketa

2 answers

0 votes
Miguel Reimer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2016

Hi Marketa,

There is no need for special macros or anything, our attach to blueprint functionality automates what can still be done manually by adding a label into the page template and using that label in the workflow with the label parameter you found.

For more details, see our answer to this post in our support forums: https://comalatech.zendesk.com/hc/communities/public/questions/202105938-Multiple-workflows-on-the-same-Space

Thanks,
Miguel

Hartmut Leister January 13, 2020

Hi @Miguel Reimer

two things:

@Marketa Dvorackova:

You might either

• insert a hint for the user to add a specific workflow after creating the page
  • do a "one workflow per space" approach:
    • Create a space and apply the workflow to all pages therein
    • implement the page workflow in this space

Regards

Hartmut

0 votes
Marketa Dvorackova May 31, 2016

Maybe the workflow label parameter could help? Adding a specific label to a page produced by a certain template and setting the workflow to work on pages labeled this way?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events