Column Order plugin not displaying as an External Gadget on Confluence

davfive August 21, 2012

Hi,

I absolutely love the Column Order gadget. We have recently updated our confluence instance to support External Gadgets from our jira instance which allows us to display all jira macros in confluence.

Right now, though the Filter Results plugin shows fine, the Column Order plugin doesn't show. When I go to Insert->Other Macros -> External Gadgets and select Column Order, the configuration does display in the left page. However, unlike other external gadgets which show the content after saving, the Column Order plugin lets you click save and then reshows the config section. When I save the page, I just get the gadget border with no content (though the indeterminant progress bar does show like it is doing something).

Then if I go back into the gadget configuration it shows that there is no filter set anymore.

I've attached some screenshots to show what I am seeing.

Initial Config:

After Saving Page:

After Re-editing page and showing Edit on Column Order gadget:

And what Gear->Edit shows from the previous page:

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

David

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Wilfried Mayer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2012

I had a look at this bug.

Confluence is not working exactly like JIRA. Some request (to check if the filter/user order is still the same) are sometimes suppressed in JIRA. Confluence doesn't like this and stops executing the JS Code.

If someone cares, it's the gadget API -> args for the view template. You cannot return an empty configuration here.

So from now on this request will be executed every time, but I think we tolerate this :)

---

The fixed version will be available on Atlassian Marketplace tomorrow or the day after.

Willi

davfive September 4, 2012

Great turnaround time, perfect fix and great support experience.

Thanks,

David

0 votes
Nikola ILO
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2012

Hi,

we never tried to add the gadget in our confluence. Just reproduced it and can confirm that it is not working. We will take a look at it and I will post an answer to this as soon as its fixed :-)

Thanks for reporting this issue,

Nikola

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events