Code Macro plugin with Confluence 5.2.3+

Hello!

I'm currently happily running Confluence 5.1.5 in production and equally happily using the Code Macro plugin on virtually every page on my install.

However, the Code Macro plugin is only set to support 5.1.5 as the latest. Could you please let me/us know if there are plans to make it 5.2.x compataible, or that it's perhaps included in Confluence now and therefore obsolete? I'm reluctant to upgrade Confluence :)

Kind regards,

Daniël Mostertman

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Joseph Clark Atlassian Team Aug 26, 2013

Hi Daniel,

It was simply a clerical error that the Code Macro plugin is not listed as compatible with Confluence 5.2.3 on the Marketplace - I've now updated this on the relevant page.

The Code Macro plugin is actually included by default with Confluence, so if you upgrade to Confluence 5.2.3 you'll automatically get the latest version of this add-on.

Cheers!

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for the quick response :) And I'm happy to hear that it's just that.

It might be out of scope for this issue, but I assume the same is true for the following plugins:

• RB Storage - Confluence (org.randombits.storage.confluence)
  • RB Storage - Core (org.randombits.storage)
  • RB Storage - Servlet (org.randombits.storage.servlet)
  • RB Support - Confluence (org.randombits.support.confluence)
  • RB Support - Core (org.randombits.support.support-core)
  • Share Page (com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.share-page)

The Share Page is also maintained by Atlassian, but I don't remembering installing the RB ones myself (I'm the only user of my Confluence installation, but that doesn't mean my memory can't have abandoned me :)).

I hope you or someone else of the team could also shine a light on them? The Code Macro plugin is now reporting as compatible since your reponse, so my original issue has been answered and fixed ;-)

Kind regards,

Daniël

Joseph Clark Atlassian Team Aug 27, 2013

The Share Page plugin was in the same boat - I've updated it. The "RB <blah>" plugins are not written by Atlassian, but by a third party vendor. They are support plugins that usually get installed automatically when they are required by another plugin.

Do you have any third-party plugins installed? They are probably part of one of those, and you'll need to contact the individual vendor to find out about Confluence compatibility.

Hi again Joseph,

Thanks for fixing up the Share Page plugin; about the others:

The only custom plugins I've installed are:

• Bob Swift Software - Table Sorter Library (org.swift.confluence.tablesorter)
  • RefinedWiki Mobile Interface (com.refinedwiki.confluence.plugins.mobile)
  • RefinedWiki Original Theme (com.refinedwiki.confluence.plugins.theme.original)

These all report as being compatible with 5.2.3; I'm kinda assuming the RB ones are leftovers from plugins I've had installed before (I've tried out some other third-party plugins in the past), but I can't see dependencies I think, so I can't be sure.

Daniël

I've just disabled them now :)

Joseph Clark Atlassian Team Aug 27, 2013

Sure, that's a good way to test if you need them. Leave them disabled for a while, and if nothing, breaks, it's probably OK to just un-install them.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Calling all developers––You're invited to Atlas Camp 2018

Atlas Camp   is our developer event which will take place in Barcelona, Spain  from the 6th -7th of   September . This is a great opportunity to meet other developers and get n...

349 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you