Cloud alternative for this app?

Jennifer Yu February 4, 2019

Hey folks,

Our company is moving our JIRA server installation to the cloud. Does anyone know if there's a cloud alternative for this app?  We're using the auto-calculated fields for the following:

• Date (number of days between 2 date fields)
  • Number (number of hours needed using a simple math calculation based on number put into another field)

Thanks all!

3 answers

0 votes
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2019

I assume that by "this app" you meant JMCF, right?

I second Nic's answer, which you can also achieve with JMWE for Jira cloud. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2019

The best you can do is something like Scriptrunner, which can calculate a custom field during a transition.  It's not an "auto calculated" field, it's a field that is a standard custom field with data put in it by a script instead of a human.

Jennifer Yu February 5, 2019

Thanks Nic!

Just so I understand correctly (JIRA/script writer newbie here), could I achieve the same results with Scriptrunner if I pipe in the calculation through Scriptrunner instead?

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2019

Hello,

Cloud does not support autocalculated fields, that is why you will not find an add-on, which provides this feature.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events