Cloning test cycle between projects

Burak Yılmaztürk January 30, 2013

Is there a way to clone test cycle from one project to another one? We have multiple projects and creating same cycle for each one is not suitable for us. Cloning individual test between project could not be enough. Cloning each test issue again and again can get lots of time.

Cloning cycle between project could save time like we could did in version.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2013

Hi Burak

I will add this as a feature request.

Kind Regards,

Chris

Ian Mayoh March 14, 2013

I really need to be able to clone test cases en masse or, as Burak suggests, clone a whole test cycle from project to project. We have 2 products that are very similar and there are many test cases that I would like to clone. I can clone individual test cases and then move them but that takes ages. I have found a plugin (JIRA to JIRA Issue Copy) that does the copy and move in 1 hit but fails to carry over the test details (i.e. steps). it is an inherent JIRA problem - in fact 2 problems - (1) that you have to do 2 steps and (2) cannot bulk clone issues. There is a BulkClone plugin but cannot get that to work in JIRA 5.2.7.

Daniel January 29, 2014

Hi Chris Miller/Zephyr. Any update on this feature request? We are evaluating Zephyr for JIRA now at my company. We have ~50 JIRA projects and could benefit greatly from this feature.

Matthias Junker February 11, 2014

Hi. We also really would appreciate this feature. We are also currently evaluating Zephyr at my company and this would be an importan feature for us.

1 vote
teo ross January 27, 2015

We would appreciate this feature, too!

Daniel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2015

Hi Teo Ross, Thanks for your endorsement of this feature request. I have added you to the existing request list for this feature. All feature requests are reviewed by our product team for possible addition in future releases. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Regards, Daniel

0 votes
gliffytbrown February 9, 2015

Yeah, this is a pretty big issue, as we have a main project that interacts with a few other projects. Is there an ETA as to when this feature might be available or is this not on the roadmap as of yet?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events