Clearing custom fields for releases

John Fisher July 2, 2013

We have a custom field that holds a version value (with Version Picker). As part of certain workflow steps, I'd like that the current value to be remove, and the field reset back to "None". How do I do this with the Workflow Toolbox? We are evaluating it for purchase.

Thanks,

John

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marlon Aguiar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2013

Alright John, with the Workflow Toolbox Plugin you can use the Copy a parsed text to a field post-function on your project's transition and just leave the Text to be parsed and then copied to target field as blank, that should clear out your custom field.

Hope it helps!

Regards,
Marlon

1 vote
Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2013

Hi John,

The solution given by Marlon works. You can also use Copy parsed text to a field and set the fieldText to be parsed and the copied to target field with the following value "- %{10800}" (removing the double quotes), provided 10800 is the ID of the version picker custom field you want to clear. What you are doing here is removing (by the leading '-' character) the versions currently selected in Version Picker custom field.

Copy parsed text configuration

Once configured the transition looks like this:

Transition once configured.

Regards, and don't hesitate to ask any other question about JIRA Workflow Toolbox.

Fidel Castro Armario

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2013

you can use the Clear Field Value Post-Function from JSU plugin

https://jsutil.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JSUTIL/JIRA+Suite+Utilities+Workflow+Post-Functions

0 votes
John Fisher July 2, 2013

Right... I kept looking for an "Update Issue Custom Field" and it wasn't there. I was hoping we could do everything with the Workflow Toolbox.

0 votes
Marlon Aguiar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2013

Hi John,

You can add a post function on that specific transition called Update Issue Custom Field and then leave the value to be updated blank, that it will clear the custom field when the transition is performed.

Hope this information helps!

Regards,
Marlon

Marlon Aguiar
Atlassian Team
July 2, 2013

That post funciton I've mentioned is avaliable on the JIRA Suite Utilites plugin, apologies for the confusion. I'm not quite sure how to perform it using the Workflow Toolbox. Let me install it and check it out for you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events