Cheklist Plugin

Steadfast Financial December 28, 2014

Will this ever be available in the ondemand version?  If so, how long?  Its preventing me from using this product.

4 answers

1 vote
Steadfast Financial December 29, 2014

Got it. Thanks Nic. Whyves, my apologies.

Nontheless, as you can probably see, the checklist app is VERY different than the "plain tasks" app. if you developed the app, im surprised you see any similarity. 

If there are no plans to bring it to the ondemand version, then we probably will be looking elsewhere. Its a critical function for us.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2014

You could host JIRA yourself, or get in touch with one of the other providers of Atlassian managed services who will let you have a wider range of addons. (Fair disclosure - I work for one of them. We have a range of clients - many of them are with us specifically because they want addons that are not available to OnDemand)

Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 29, 2014

Hi Jeremy, Yes, I am the developer behind Checklist. I know that there are now some big differences between Checklist and Plain Tasks but I assume that they might eventually close the gap. I decided to wait to see where they were going before building a cloud version as they entered the cloud space first. Also, a cloud version of checklist requires that the developer of the plugin offers its own server infrastructure to support the plugin's data. This thus requires that the business case is enticing enough for it. I am not sure that Checklist is there yet as I only got a handful of requests regarding a cloud version.

1 vote
Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 29, 2014

Hi Jeremy,

We did want to offer a cloud based version but someone else released a similar version which is available on OnDemand instances. Therefore, we decided to postpone the development for a while ... maybe indefinitely. Sorry for the inconveniences.

0 votes
Steadfast Financial December 29, 2014

Actually, "Plain Tasks" is not really a comparison at all. Checklist are specific to custom "Fields." In particular it allows you to associate a checklist with a given issue type. I.E. issue type "new hire" it can automatically generate a checklist for that issue (approve with HR, give access card, etc) and utilizing post functions, it can require you to check each checklist item before allowing you to close a ticket.Pretty important item to have in a help desk system/task management system.

For a software team, i could see this being critical to Definition of Done. So it doenst just apply to a help desk type scenario.

The Plain Tasks doesnt do any of this. All it does is let you see a simpler view of your issues and click on button to close them. Not very helpful.

Whyves - when you say "we"' are you saying atlassian was going to provide a cloud version? If "Plain Tasks" is the reason you DONT provide "checklist" type functionality then you are definitely being mislead.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2014

I understand that Whyves is a developer or owner of the checklist addon you are asking about, not an Atlassian. Atlassian would not provide a cloud version themselves, they would take up the addon from Whyves if they felt it was popular enough and they had the capability to support it in the Cloud properly.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 28, 2014

I don't think the situation has changed since https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/308581

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events