Checklist field missing on new issue create screen

I'm using Checklist for JIRA plugin. I have added the checklist field type to the relevant screens.However, when I create a new issue (pressing C), the checklist field is not visible, but all the other fields are. Is this possible I'm doing something wrong or is this a known bug?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Lee,

Usually, when the field does not appear, it is that some steps might have been forgotten. A few things to look for:

Yves

Hi Whyves, thanks for for the fast answer. field was hidden in the issue configuration. Easy fix.

One other thing though, if I create a new issue without adding a list item to the checklist (it's not a mandatory field and I've removed the default placeholder list item), then go to the issue detail screen, the checklist field is missing entirely. I have to click admin>where's my field and then select 'checklist' and add a single list item for it to appear.

Is there a way to have the checklist field always appear in the detail, even if there are no items added? I'm sure I'm missing something here.

Thanks again,

Lee

Hi Lee,

Actually, it is how JIRA works, if there is no value in a field, it doesn't get displayed in the issue detail view. However, there is no need for you to go all the way to the admin screen and add an item. You simply need to click on the edit issue button and add you item from there. You could also, from the issue details view, use the edit shortcut: click on the comma key (,) and select the checklist field. It will open a dialog where you should be able to add an item. As soon as an item is entered in a Checklist, it will appear in the issue details view.

Yves

Awesome. Thanks, Yves.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published 4 hours ago in Marketplace Apps

Calling all developers––You're invited to Atlas Camp 2018

Atlas Camp   is our developer event which will take place in Barcelona, Spain  from the 6th -7th of   September . This is a great opportunity to meet other developers and get n...

26 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you