Change status of an issue automatically after it creation based on a field value(Using script Runnr)

us-sef April 12, 2018

Hi all , 

the thing is that i want to change the status of an issue, freshly created, to one of the next status based on the value of a field entred in the creation of this issue, all that using script runner.

Hope you understood my question.

Thnx for all 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joshua Yamdogo @ Adaptavist
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2018

Hi Youssef,

Are you using ScriptRunner for Jira Server? I would suggest taking a look at our documentation here: https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/5.3.9/jira/builtin-scripts.html#_fast_track_transition_an_issue

The fast-track post-function is what you are looking for. You can set up a fast-track post-function to automatically transition your issue to the next status based on the value of a field entered during creation.

For example, your fast-track condition might check for the value of "priority"

issue.priority?.name == 'Major'

If priority is 'Major', then the condition is true and the issue is transitioned. 

Regards,

Josh

us-sef April 12, 2018

Hi Joshua

Yeah i'm using ScriptRunner for JIRA Service Desk Server, and thank you very much, it worked perfectly.

Thnak you !

Regards

Youssef

us-sef April 13, 2018

Hi joshua,

How about if i want to check a field in an other issue with a different issue type ? do Fast track allow this ? 

Thank you 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events