Change sender info when using Automation for JIRA to send emails.

Hi,

I've been looking at using the Automation for JIRA plugin but have noticed that everything that gets sent out (if using to send emails) will be done as "Automation for JIRA" instead of the agent kicking off the manual trigger.

This doesn't look very clean from a customer view so would like to know if we can change it so the agent's name gets used instead.

Is this a possibility?

Thanks,

Larry

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Andreas Knecht Community Champion Aug 27, 2017

Hi Larry,

It depends a bit on if you are in Cloud or Server.

In Cloud we currently only allow changing the 'Reply-to' address.  There's issues with SPAM filters to make it difficult to change the from address in cloud right now (we do have an issue open right now to allow changing of the from name at least - https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-281).

e-mail-from.png

In server you can set the from name already and you can use smart-values!

So in server you can simply edit the 'From' field and use this as its value:

"{{initiator.displayName}}" <{{initiator.emailAddress}}>

'initiator' is the user that triggered the event so in your example, the agent that ran the manual trigger.

Cheers,

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Yes, it is the cloud version.   Thanks for the reply, it makes sense about the limitation.  We'll just have to make do with it for the time being.

Cheres,

Larry

0 vote
Susan Ostreicher Community Champion Sep 08, 2017

Hi Andreas, 

Thanks for this information.  I clicked the link to the open issue, but it redirects me to your customer portal. Is there a way I can view the issue and start watching it?

Thanks,

Susan

Andreas Knecht Community Champion Sep 08, 2017

Hi Susan,

It's an annoying limitation with JIRA Service Desk, where if you have a Service Desk customer account, you can't view issues in a software project (even if those issues are public).  You can view the issue when you log out.

We'll also notify this community post when we release a fix.

Cheers,

Andreas

Susan Ostreicher Community Champion Sep 08, 2017

Got it, thanks!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Calling all developers––You're invited to Atlas Camp 2018

Atlas Camp   is our developer event which will take place in Barcelona, Spain  from the 6th -7th of   September . This is a great opportunity to meet other developers and get n...

282 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you