Change program logo in BigPicture

Tamás Kiss July 12, 2018

Hi all!

How can I change the program logo in BigPicture modul after creating the program? During the creation there are 8-10 built-in images, but I want to change the image after creation.

Second question, if I can change it, how can I change to a custom uploaded image?

Thanks!

5 answers

3 votes
Piotrek Romanczyk [SoftwarePlant]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 23, 2018

@Tamás Kiss@Ericka Samuels

Hello there. Sorry for the delay.

I have spoken to our UX Team and it was confirmed by them that as it is impossible to edit a Program Icon or use a custom one, we have been thinking about implementing such a feature for awhile now. I was told we will be discussing this matter during our upcoming PI Planning and once I learn more, I will make sure to share that knowledge with you. Therefore, thank you for your interest and raising this topic. Hopefully in we will see a customizable Program Icons sooner than later.

Regards,

Piotr

Ericka Samuels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2018

so that is GOOD news Piotr!

However, if I had to choose I would RATHER have the % done counter on the icon itself be based on percentage done from the JIRA tasks rather than time transpired.  It is very misleading to my users, the counter says more is done than the actual JIRA tasks show.

Or, just take the time counter away until it can truly be data driven.

Piotrek Romanczyk [SoftwarePlant]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 23, 2018

This seem like an amazing idea Ericka!

Thank you for this follow-up. I will pass this information to our UX Team and to our Business Analytics to check what are the chances of implementing such a feature.

Błażej O_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2018

@Piotrek Romanczyk [SoftwarePlant]That's great news. I'm waiting for this feature too.

For the time being, is there maybe a possibility to swap the default program logo graphics for custom ones somewhere on the server hard drive? Are these kept as separate image files, or loaded on jira startup to memory from plugin bundle file?

1 vote
Tomasz _BigPicture_ July 6, 2020

Hi All!

I'm pleased to inform the feature mentioned above was released in BigPicture version 7.5.0 

Please see the brief description of this functionality and a screenshot below:

• Icon set available in Program Wizard is enriched with new icons, based on FontAwesome library.
  • Program Configuration allows changing the icon of the existing Program, as well as the icon's background color.

icon picker.png

Regards, 

Tomasz - SoftwarePlant Support 

1 vote
James_Fullerton__Gap_ July 2, 2019

I would also be VERY interested in updating the icons.  We use a specific icon for each project in Jira, which we carry over to all of our connected apps such as BitBucket, Trello, Miro, etc.  This allows us to quickly reference the project.  Not being able to do this in BigPicture is a tiny bit distracting, and feels a little unfinished.  

Edgardo Arcuri July 30, 2019

We would like to do the same, changing the icon as per Jira projects.

1 vote
Ericka Samuels
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 12, 2018

@Piotrek Romanczyk [SoftwarePlant]  I'd love to know as well!

0 votes
Dorian Workman December 4, 2019

I would like this feature too please!  Where do I vote for it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events