Change object value when updated by Discovery

I was thinking about a groovy automation script, that would check which user changed a value and if it was the automation user, it would set the value to the field. I don't see an event object that would be passed to a script. Do you have an idea how to implement this? Maybe there is easier way. :)

2 answers

Hi Marcin,

that is not a discovery released question.

So an colleague will answer to it.

// Christian

Hi :) When can I expect an answer? :)

0 vote

Hi Marcin,

This is doable, but it will require some groovy scripting. I would recommend you to take a look at our documentation where we have some example of groovy script, and also our API documentation on what is possible to do.

As an example, in the ObjectFacadeImpl, there is a method where you can get all history of an object by passing the objects id.

For examples of groovy scripts, take a look at https://documentation.riada.se/insight/latest/insight-for-developers/groovy-scripting/groovy-script-examples

Also, we have partners that can help with the configuration and setup of both Insight and JIRA, if that would be interesting, let us know.

Best Regards
Alexander

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Calling all developers––You're invited to Atlas Camp 2018

Atlas Camp   is our developer event which will take place in Barcelona, Spain  from the 6th -7th of   September . This is a great opportunity to meet other developers and get n...

361 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you