Change object value when updated by Discovery

Marcin Pelzner November 30, 2017

I was thinking about a groovy automation script, that would check which user changed a value and if it was the automation user, it would set the value to the field. I don't see an event object that would be passed to a script. Do you have an idea how to implement this? Maybe there is easier way. :)

2 answers

0 votes
Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2017

Hi Marcin,

This is doable, but it will require some groovy scripting. I would recommend you to take a look at our documentation where we have some example of groovy script, and also our API documentation on what is possible to do.

As an example, in the ObjectFacadeImpl, there is a method where you can get all history of an object by passing the objects id.

For examples of groovy scripts, take a look at https://documentation.riada.se/insight/latest/insight-for-developers/groovy-scripting/groovy-script-examples

Also, we have partners that can help with the configuration and setup of both Insight and JIRA, if that would be interesting, let us know.

Best Regards
Alexander

0 votes
Christian_Solle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2017

Hi Marcin,

that is not a discovery released question.

So an colleague will answer to it.

// Christian

Marcin Pelzner December 7, 2017

Hi :) When can I expect an answer? :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events