Carpooling system

MASH Trust Atlassian ICT Team September 23, 2014

Hello,

We use Confluence throughout our orginisation. There is request to see if we can have a centralised car pooling solution (between 30 - 40 cars listed).

Apart from Team Calendars, is there anyone out there that has a car pooling solution working within Confluence.

We are currently using Outlook Calendars, but this is pretty clumsy and a technical / implmentation nightmare

Thanks in advance - Grunta

5 answers

0 votes
JiraYo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2019

Would be nice to have for us too. What i want is a database where i get employees to put in start work and end work times, and a postal code. Then the postal codes would be rendered as pins on a google map or open streemap.

and maybe some kind of system for matching people up with all that data in there.

0 votes
John Paz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2014

I've never heard of it being used for such a purpose, but seems likely that it could work. But I can imagine some really complex solutions, and some really simple ones. Using Team Calendars could definitely work, but again, lots of variable to consider here. How much automation you want? Who is going to maintain it? What's the availability of JIRA? How users will consume the information? What does good look like? What's the ideal solution, regardless of how to implement it? Email notifications? One dashboard-like page to rule them all? If you write it like a user story it makes it easier to work within your requirements also.

0 votes
MASH Trust Atlassian ICT Team September 24, 2014

What we would like is to show up in a Calendar / booked out type view - so we can view the booked out cars across a single / multi grouped view.. Viewing it in Team viewer isn't quite the look we are after with the volume of cars we have on record... Just a question as to if / have people have done it in the past... Thanks

0 votes
Julia Wester [Wittified]
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2014

what does the carpooling solution need to do specifically?

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2014

Is Team Calendars an option? Is JIRA an option?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events