Capture transition fields on a Story when all sub-tasks are moved to done? Edited

Hi everyone,

I had a request for a fairly advanced workflow in one of my scrum teams recently, and I've been struggling with a way to fulfill it.  We have a general workflow for both our stories and their sub-tasks: To Do > In Progress > Review > Done.  For sub-tasks the Review status represents peer review (code/test case review) whereas for the parent story it represents the Product Owner's review and sign-off before being considered Done.

What's we'd like to do is capture automate moving the parent story to the Review status when all of it's sub-tasks are moved to Done.  That way the PO will know it's ready for their sign-off.  Additionally, we'd like to have the Review transition screen appear to capture the necessary information at that time.

The problem is that if I use the JMWE add-on's "Transition Parent Issue" functionality, that transition doesn't trigger the appearance of the transition screen.

Is there any way to do that, to trigger a parent issue's transition screen when automatically transitioning it?

For now I've asked the team to just manually transition the parent issue to Review when the final sub-task is Done, which will probably be fine if I can't get this to automate, but it would be nice if we could.

Thanks!

0 answers

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 22, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How a Marketplace app tech team is achieving gender diversity

Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...

504 views 3 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you