Cant set custom field "account" made by Tempo

Deleted user April 6, 2017

It seems impossible to set the field "Account" which is a custom field made by the Tempo Timesheets plugin. 

In our case this is the customfield_10002. As seen in the REST documentation this should have a SET opration (see below).

"customfield_10002": {
"required": false,
"schema": {
"type": "account",
"custom": "com.tempoplugin.tempo-accounts:accounts.customfield",
"customId": 10002
},
"name": "Account",
"key": "customfield_10002",
"hasDefaultValue": false,
"operations": [
"set"
]
}

But whatever value or id I Set (values and ID's are accessible via http://<youratlassian>/rest/tempo-accounts/1/account/ ) it wont be set in the automation. The automation on the other hand says it was a succes. 

Has someone encountered and fixed this issue?

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2017

Hey Steven,

So I heard back from Tempo support now.  It looks like the correct construct is to make the id a string:

{
    "fields": {
        "Account": "234"
    }
}

Can you give that a go please?

Cheers,

Andreas

Deleted user June 7, 2017

This worked indeed . 1 upvote

Martin Pittner May 22, 2018

Thank you. Worked here, too. 

Melo January 18, 2019

Hi @andreas, Thank you that works. Are you planning to add the Account field to the "AVAILABLE FIELDS"?

0 votes
Vivek Thangathurai May 20, 2018

Hi,

I am trying to set Account field and my body to create issue is 

{"fields":{"project":{"id":"10000"},"summary":"Tesing","description":"description","issuetype":{"id":"10006"},"Account":"3"}}

I see this error.

{"errorMessages":[],"errors":{"Account":"Field 'Account' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown."}}

Field id present in the screens

kavinkumar January 24, 2019

Hi Vivek Thangathurai - we are also facing the same issue. Did you got any solution ?

Martin Svoboda February 25, 2019

Hi,

Replace "Account" for "customfield_10002". 

example:

{"fields":{"project":{"id":"10000"},"summary":"Tesing","description":"description","issuetype":{"id":"10006"},"customfield_10002":"3"}}

Deleted user February 25, 2019

This will only work if the Account custom field is indeed 10002. You could check this in your administration.

0 votes
Deleted user June 7, 2017

Way overdue response, but this indeed worked!

Love the add-on btw. 

Cheers!

andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2017

Great to hear it worked!  Cheers!

0 votes
andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2017

Hi Steven,

So did you try this with an 'Edit issue' action using the 'Advanced' block?  

Is this the JSON you put in the advanced block:

{
        "Account": 234
    }
}

234 in this example would be the account id.

I haven't been able to test this yet and trying to get a hold of someone from Tempo.  I'm not 100% sure if this field can be set this way (it's a non-standard custom field).

Cheers,
  Andreas

Deleted user April 10, 2017

Hi Andreas,

I tried this but it doesn't work. The rule triggers at the condition and as a test i also set the assignee in the automation. That works fine, but the account field won't set. 

Cheers,

Steven

andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2017

Hey Steven,

So I've just setup Tempo locally and tried pretty much any combination I can think of to edit the Account field via REST with no luck.  I'm not sure this will be possible.

I did just open a support case with Tempo to ask them what they magic format for this field might be.  I'll let you know when they get back to me.

Cheers,

Andreas

andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2017

For future users trying to do the same thing.

This works:

{
        "Account": "234"
    }
}

(account id as a string not a number)

Vivek Thangathurai May 20, 2018

Hi,

I am trying to set Account field and my body to create issue is 

{"fields":{"project":{"id":"10000"},"summary":"Tesing","description":"description","issuetype":{"id":"10006"},"Account":"3"}}

I see this error.

{"errorMessages":[],"errors":{"Account":"Field 'Account' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown."}}

Field id present in the screens

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events