Cannot find "Manage Plugins" link in admin page

ZHU PAN January 4, 2013
Hi:
I want to install a plugin using adminstrator but cannot find "Manage Plugins"
link in administration's "Plugins" page as decribed below, so I do not know how
to install and upload a plugin from UPM. A screen picture is uploaded for trouble
shotting. Thanks for any help in advance.
3. Install add-on in JIRA
Note: You must have administrative rights to install an add-on.
  • Open your Atlassian JIRA application and log in.
  • Navigate to the administration section. You may need to log in again (we're super secure).
  • Choose "Plugins", then navigate to "Manage Plugins" (the "Install" section in older versions).
  • Click the "Upload Plugin" link and upload this file.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2013

Do you have system administrator rights in your JIRA instance?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2013

If you are using "on demand", then you won't have admin rights and can't do the upload.

ZHU PAN January 5, 2013

Hi Renjith and Nic:

Thanks for your comment. However, I do have system adminstrator right and our JIRA

instance is running in-house, not "on demand".

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2013

Can you get us a screenshot of the Plugin menu (drop down expanded) when you go to JIRA Administration (Link on the top right corner).

EDIT: And btw, do you see a 'Manage Addon', plugins are called addons now.

ZHU PAN January 5, 2013

When I click "Plugins" item in the "Plugins" menu, I do see the existing page of plugins, but

the update message does not pop up. Is there any way I can install the new UPM manually?

ZHU PAN January 5, 2013

Here is the screenshot

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2013

Universal Plugin Manager seems to be an old version.

Can you click on the 'Plugins' item in the "Plugins" menu? It should lead you to the existing page of plugins, and you should get a message that your "Universal Plugin Manager" has an update. Do the update and you will get the direct menu options.

ZHU PAN January 5, 2013

Here is my "Plugins" page

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2013

Do you have access to internet?

If yes, you should find an option somewhere in that page to upload a new plugin (either using a URL or directly from disk) . You can either provide the download link from this URL or download it an provide it from the disk. https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin

I can't tell you the exact place to click as I have no clue how the old UPM looks, if you add screenshots, it will help.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2013

Or do this. Download the right version for your JIRA version from here https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin

And place it in jira home/plugins/installed-plugins and restart JIRA

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2013

Click on the first line 'Atlassian Universal Manager Plugin', and you will see and update button. Click that.

ZHU PAN January 5, 2013

The second way works! Thank you very much, Renjith.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events