Cannot access the DATABASE CUSTOMFIELDs VIA INTERNET EXPLORER

vinitswar March 3, 2013

I cannot access the DATABASE CUSTOMFIELDS VIA INTERNET EXPLORER. The screens with these fields are working fine when I use chrome or firefox. I am currently using version 2.1.9.

Thanks.

Vinit

4 answers

1 vote
Alexandru_Iacob
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2013

What Internet Explorer and Jira version are you using? Please let us know also, as Nic suggested, what error is displayed in the log file when entering in create/edit dialog. You should enable logging for DBCF with level DEBUG, as described here: http://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/JJUPIN/Configure+JIRA+Logging.

I recommend you also performing a re-index and a clear cache on your browser.

vinitswar March 3, 2013

This is the error on the log file. I have already tried clearing the cache but it did not help.

2013-03-04 14:13:45,015 http-8080-5 ERROR vinit 853x18611x1 8gxlow 192.9.217.18 /secure/QuickCreateIssue!default.jspa [velocity] Left side ($totalSize) of '<' operation has null value at templates/plugins/jira/macros.vm[line 5, column 18]

Alexandru_Iacob
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2013

Please let us know the Jira version you are using, as well as the IE version.

What configuration you have for the dbcf fields? Are they of type select list or autocomplete, with multiple values or not? Do they have dynamic parameters in the query?

Please confirm also if disabling the database cf plugin the error dissapears.

vinitswar March 3, 2013

I am Using JIRA 5.1 and internet explorer 9. The database customfield is connected to MySQL version 5.3. It has a single autocomplete field and then dynamically queries other select list fields. I cannot disable the plugin as my project is running in a production enviornment but my earlier logs suggest that I am getting this error after installing the database customfield.

vinitswar March 8, 2013

I have upgraded to kat-commons 2.5.2. I can now access the create issue screen on a new tab. But i still can access it on the default pop up window.

Stefano Minella February 17, 2014

I have the same problem using IE 10, Jira 6.0.4 and plugin v. 2.6.6

Opening screen on new tab it works, but with default popup windows the system is frozed.

This happen only with IE; Firefox and Chrome works correctly

Alexandru_Iacob
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2014

Hi Stefano,

Please open a bug on http://bugs.kepler-rominfo.com, giving more details of the problem, such as errors from the log or javascript errors if any, the database custom fields configurations, as well as some screenshots of the problem.

Thanks.

Stefano Minella February 18, 2014

Hi Alexandru, I opened a ticket http://bugs.kepler-rominfo.com/browse/DBCF-87

0 votes
Alexandru_Iacob
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2013

You don't need to have the JJupin plugin installed for using databasecf. The only required dependency for databasecf 2.1.9 to work is katl-commons 2.5.2.

I have tested dbcf 2.1.9 on a Jira 5.1 instance in IE 9, with dbcf fields connected to a MySql database, but couldn't reproduce the problem neither in create nor in edit issue screen.

Please enable the logging for dbcf with level debug and let us know if you have any errors related to these fields when accesing the screens.

The error "Left side ($totalSize) of '<' operation has null value at templates/plugins/jira/macros.vm" seems to be a Jira bug that have been resolved in version 5.2.5: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-30554, but shouldn't prevent seeing your fields in the create/edit screens.

0 votes
vinitswar March 5, 2013

I have not installed the JJUMPIN plugin. I am just using the database_cf. Is that an issue?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2013

What do you mean "cannot access"? Do they appear at all? What are the symptoms?

Is 2.1.9 the latest version for your version of Jira? Does your log file have any errors related to the fields?

vinitswar March 3, 2013

2.1.9 is the latest versions for the DATABASE CUSTOMFIELD. I have incorporated the database customfields in the CREATE ISSUE and EDIT ISSUE screens. When I open these screens using INTERNET EXPLORER I get an error ("status code" - 500). No field is displayed due to this. DATABASE CUSTOM FIELD is the only plugin I am using on these screens so I infer that this field is causing the SERVER ERROR.

BTW - It works fine on FIREFOX and CHROME

vinitswar March 6, 2013
 (atlassian-jira.log) 

This is the log file if have started the DBCF logging

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events