Can you script a dynamic form using Groovy?

quakee June 14, 2017

Hey Guys,

I have been reading about InTENSO plugins for dynamic forms, but I was wondering if I can get similar functionality using Groovy Scripts.

In particular, I want dynamic form behaviour during issue creation. This is opposed to how Groovy scripts are typically used during issue transitioning.

Lastly, the below integrations have been added to our system, could I get the same behaviour with any of these?

Integrations.PNG

1 answer

1 vote
Steven Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2017

Can you describe what you're trying to accomplish?

ScriptRunner offers Groovy Scripts for Field Behaviors, but this doens't work on the Service Desk Portal yet.

quakee June 14, 2017

Definitely want to use this on the Service Desk Portal, so this may be futile for me :(

And I was specifically trying to show different custom fields depending on which radio button was selected.

My first idea was to use JavaScript, but the naming of custom fields are static products in the generated HTML, as opposed to some entry in a generic, dynamic data structure. Changing the order in which custom fields are displayed (hidden or visible), for example, can change their names and/or which HTML element encompasses them.

Should I just try to get these additional plugins?

Steven Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2017

Sorry but unfortunately that's the only easy option.

You could also consider writing Web Resource Plugin modules with your javascript via the plugin guide.

https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-applications/jira-service-desk/jira-service-desk-ui-plugin-points-customer-portal

quakee June 14, 2017

Thanks Steven!

I will definitely try to work my way from here :)

quakee June 15, 2017

I actually learned that I will not be working with the Service Desk Portal at all, and would like to know if you have any additional references or ideas.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events