Can you @mention a user in a checklist item like confluence

intelicoder May 22, 2017

This is regarding the Jira Checklist plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.okapya.jira.checklist/server/overview

Would it be possible to @mention a user on a checklist item so that a filter could be applied to find all Stories/tickets that have that user listed in that checklist field? I imagine the filtering is already possible since this is just another field in Jira the question then remains can you @mention like you can in confluence on a to do list item.

This may sound like a silly question but what we are finding at our shop is that we are too focused on who is doing a task in a sprint that then we have not just user stories but also Tasks, SubTasks, Bug, and they are now thinking of a feature task type as well. My thought is that we don't need all that extra static in the form of a bunch of concrete Jira tickets just to represent a task that could be enumerated in a checklist. The part that would make this workflow work for us is being able to @mention in a checklist item

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2017

Hi Aaron,

While I haven't used the addon myself I did find a section about Special Highlights in the documentation featuring mentioning a User. How to add the mention can be found here.

I did not find a way to query this but maybe the following jql might work:

"Checklist Custom Field Name" ~ "@John"

Although I doubt the field will support free text search, but it's worth the try.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Maarten

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events