Can we install QMetry Plugin on hosted evaluation version of QMetry and JIRA?

Shripad Oka May 28, 2012

I have hosted evaluation version of QMetry and JIRA. I want to install plugin for JIRA for QMetry.

Please provide details.

2 answers

0 votes
David Silva September 30, 2013

We actually find more use using remote linking and activity streams for our own internal process. The reason is that we drive our testing based on issues that we import from JIRA as requirements. We have a few triggers that we create in QMetry that will automatically pull JIRA issues once the trigger has been met. This ensures that all issues that meet our testing requirements are pulled in, rather than relying on an issue by issue manual process.

Once the JIRA issues are pulled in as requirements they are kept in sync with the JIRA issue and the JIRA issue will have a link to the requirement showing the coverage status. Our QA team then can build functional test cases directly against the requirements, and/or link existing test cases to complete the coverage. The test cases added to the requirement are automatically added to the JIRA issue so development can review the test cases and see their testing status as testing begins. This process has greatly improved our coverage, and the improved communication between development and QA has helped speed up deliveries for us internally.

I hope this helped explain a bit about how our integration works. Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

David Silva | QMetry Product Manager

0 votes
Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2012

Installing plugins is not supported in the hosted version - see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Atlassian+OnDemand+Plugin+Policy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events