Can we group tests in jira similar to what we have in HPQC like the folder structure?

Kulvir Kaur October 18, 2017

In my organisation, we are using Jira but we are not following full agile approach. My query is to find a way if we can group tests under different folders, like unit test, functional or regression. Will that be possible in Jira?

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2017

Yes.  Jira is not a test case manager, but there are a lot of add-ons that either connect to test software or implement test management within it, and all the ones I've used are able to group test cases in far better ways than QC does.

I would never jump to one of the options without checking the others unless there was a very strong reason to do so.  I always suggest that you should look at the range of stronger options.  From memory, this would be (in no particular order), Zephyr, Test Management, SynapseRT, Testrail and TestFlo.

0 votes
Cheney Ma [Go2Group]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2017

@Kulvir Kaur, JIRA natively doesn't support 'Folder' (or Tree) structure of issues/tickets. In order to make this happen you will need to use a third-party addon. Take a look at SynapseRT. It can organize your test cases as a TREE (folder) strucure. It also provides end to end traceability between requirement, test case and test result (defect). It also helps user build requirement hierarchy and test case coverage.

Cheney

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events